Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Staying Fit

Being a massage therapist it is extremely important to stay in tip top shape! Massaging takes more energy out of you then you may think. After a massage session my hands and arms usually are always sore! It is so so so important to strengthen my body in order to prevent future injuries. The average massage therapist only lasts two years in the working field... two years?! I need my body to function and work for many more years to come than just a puny two. So in order to keep my job as a massage therapist going for more then two years, my wonderful boyfriend is planning on becoming my personal trainer. He already knows a ton of exercises and tips for working out because him and his dad have been training together for years. He actually plans on becoming a personal trainer for his career. I know that it is perfect for him, and I have faith that he can be extremely successful in that field.

He has decided to take me on as his "ginny pig". For the next 6 months he will keep a workout journal of all my workouts and all the details that are involved in them. Yesterday was my first "official" workout and I am definitely feeling it now... Being sore is one of those love hate feelings. You love it because you know you worked your muscles hard. You hate it because getting up and sitting down becomes a hassle throughout your day! Anyways, I couldn't be happier where I am at in my life right now. God is so good and always provides for His children. We just have to have faith and trust in Him to guide us along out journey through life. If we do that, then there is no reason to worry we are doing the wrong thing.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would be more than happy to read all the comments you have! I greatly appreciate them and promise to answer each one as soon as possible.

Love Always,
Samantha, LMT

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs