Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day 4 (Clarity)

Today was a rough day... not gonna lie. I woke up this morning and was all ready for church (on time I may add) at least I thought, and then I realized before walking out the door that my iPhone was set an hour ahead instead of at the "real" time. So I ended up going to Sunday school before church and enjoyed talking with the lovely Morgan and a wonderful woman whom I have always known as "Aunt Linda". Even though she is not my aunt, she has been an incredible woman to grow up with and learn from. Ironically my actual aunt in named Linda as well... a fun and completely pointless fact. 

Any-who! Day 4- was rough. I woke up this morning feeling fantastic, but as the day went on I started to get grumpy because hey lets face it... not eating for 2 days=challenging. I never realized how much of my life revolves around food! This whole cleansing process has been a true eye opener and I am blessed to have been able to take part in it. The start of my spiral down hill was after church, my family usually always goes out to lunch. To add to it, my brother and his girlfriend are in town because they are on Spring Break as well, and I couldn't bare going to lunch and watching them all eat, it would be much too difficult for me. I stayed strong except for 2 apple slices... still feel guilty, but my lovely coach assured me that I would be just fine! My boyfriend Vince and I went to try and win the lottery for the musical Wicked. Whoever gets their name drawn wins 2 front row seats for $25 each!!!  If you have seen Wicked or even heard the music, you know that this is an incredible deal and well worth the time and money to see it. (I've already seen it twice of the years). Vince has not and I wanted to experience it in all it's glory with him. However, it wasn't meant to be, and sadly neither of our names were drawn. I then spiraled more because all I wanted to do was go out to dinner with him if we couldn't at least see the show. BUT I did not and do not want to cheat on my cleanse because if I did I know I would regret it, and the past 4 days will have basically gone to waste. 

Vince has been extremely supportive of me and this journey, I couldn't have a better man in my life. He listened to my crying about how frustrated I was because I couldn't eat but I didn't want to cheat and blah blah blah...  I then realized how silly it was to be getting so upset over food! This cleanse has been a lot harder than I thought it was going to be, except I know it will be well worth it. Hard work does pay off. I just have to keep reminding (and being reminded) of the good and not only focusing on the bad and hard times that are in the moment. I get to go back to shake days tomorrow and  enjoy a wonderful meal! Once I reminded myself of that, I became calm and collected. 

I have to remember why I am cleansing and why it is so important to me. I want to be the healthiest I can possibly be. Our bodies our temples of God and I want to start treating mine like one, first of all by what I am putting into it.Health determines a lot, where we can go, what we can do, and etc. If our health is not the best it can be and we can do something to make it better, why not? We owe it to ourselves and most importantly to God to live the healthiest life, so we can be available for what He so deeply desires for us. I know perfect health is not achievable in this life and things happen outside of our control, but let's all strive to be the best we can be. I know at least I am going to keep trying for my God, my loved ones, and my future. 

I believe this cleanse is not only cleansing my whole physical body, but has helped cleanse my mind as well. And guess what? I still have 7 days to go! Oh what those 7 days will bring... I can't wait to find out.

1 Corinthians 6:19 NIV
"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own"


Love Always, 

Samantha, LMT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would be more than happy to read all the comments you have! I greatly appreciate them and promise to answer each one as soon as possible.

Love Always,
Samantha, LMT

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs